Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day Thirteen - Improv Sunday

So I've been doing this vegan thing for quite some time now. Thirteen day, in fact. I'm pretty much a pro/expert. I could probably write a book or something. Obviously. So this morning I decided to try making this "tofu scramble" I'd heard about. It's supposedly similar to scrambled eggs. I looked at a few recipes and seeing that I didn't have quite the right ingredients, I did what any expert does. I figured I could fake it. Yep, it is clear I have no need for silly recipes. I'm super skilled in the kitchen now that I've made three recipes. I need tumeric? What? Pshh. And so Improv Sunday began.

Masterpeice #1 - Hashbrowns
1 pealed potato
1 spoon of flour
1 dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Grate potato and mix in rest of ingrediants. Pour small amount of oil in hot frying pan. Put potato mixture on top. Brown both sides on medium heat. Own those hashbrowns. Rock on!

Masterpeice #2 - Tofu Scramble
1/2 pkg of firm tofu
1 splash of almond milk
3 dashes of cumin
1/8 c. onions
some oil
1 take out pkg of soy sauce
whatever spices you first grab when you open the spice cabinet

Squeeze tofu with some paper towels. Crumble into bowl. Add rest of ingredients except oil and onions and gently toss. Saute onions until brown or clear or you get bored. Add tofu mixture to pan. Cook on med-high heat until liquid is gone. Toss on top what ever you see in the kitchen. BAM! You rock!

So it all looks yellowish. The hashbrowns were great. The tofu had less flavor. Maybe I did need some more veggies, or some turmeric...

No comments:

Post a Comment