Monday, February 21, 2011

Day Twenty - Veggie Soup Surprise

I haven't gone shopping for a while. Since the beginning of the month actually. So, now I have a bunch of random stuff left over from the last few recipes. What do you do with random food stuff? Make soup of course! My grandma taught me about "Hobo Soup" on a road trip. You take what you have, throw it in a pot, add water, and eat! So simple. Also, a bit of a gamble. I like to call it Soup Surprise because you never really know what you will get. Luckily with vegetables it's hard to mess up.

Soup Surprise - Vegan Edition
1 can veg stock
1 can red beans
some water
carrots
1 potatoe
frozen peas
celery
onion
chili pepper
salt
garlic powder

cut. mix. simmer for 20 min. Voila!

Surprise! It rocks! (Cue fist pump)

No comments:

Post a Comment